Steering Group have agreed on a revised BIMCO Shipping KPI Vision and Mission
BIMCO's vision for the Shipping KPI System
The BIMCO Shipping KPI System will be the preferred and trusted tool of all shipowners, operators and managers allowing them to benchmark and monitor their company, fleet and ship performance. The system will add value to the users' businesses by highlighting opportunities to drive sustainable improvements.
Mission for the BIMCO Shipping KPI System
The BIMCO Shipping KPI System is a tool run by the industry for the industry, and therefore a trusted tool and source of information for all. Data collected will only be accessible by the data provider and will be used anonymously to avoid sensitive information being compromised. BIMCO will continuously take into account the broader needs of all potential users in the development and maintenance of the BIMCO Shipping KPI standard. The BIMCO Shipping KPI Steering group will oversee the project and ensure that its associated Expert Group fulfil current and future users' needs. Access to the BIMCO Shipping KPI via the website
Please note that access to the BIMCO Shipping KPI as of July 2016 will be limited to data providers (owners and managers alike). BIMCO would like to take this opportunity to thank all current non-data provider users for their interest in the BIMCO Shipping KPI. We encourage all non-data providers to visit the website and subscribe to the BIMCO Shipping KPI monthly news and other notifications by clicking on the new button "Subscribe to news".
Please note that if you are either a new user or have recently started to use the BIMCO Shipping KPI again then we have listed some key advice to get you started:
- select the most interesting KPI's for your company and report on the associated PI's
- select readily available data and information within your company
- do not start reporting on all ships and PI's in one go, add in stages
- get the information and data flow structure together before expanding the reporting
- the specified reporting times are in no way mandatory, merely recommendations, although a minimum of twice a year is preferable.
For more information:
Please email all other comments and questions to Peter Lundahl Rasmussen: email@example.com.
About BIMCO's Shipping KPI System
- It has 64 different indicators
- Provides an accurate comparison of ships
- Has anonymised data
- Boosts performance improvements
- Ship/fleet/industry benchmarking
- The Steering Group: has a direct reporting line to BIMCO's Executive Committee and is responsible for defining and adhering to the Shipping KPI's vision and mission as well as maintaining the overall business case for the system.
- The Expert Group: reports to the steering group and is responsible for ensuring that the Shipping KPI System is continuously developed and fulfils both current and future needs of its users.
The Shipping KPI support team